Come and try stand up paddle in Portugal!
What is stand up paddle?
Stand up paddle, also know as stand up paddle boarding or SUP, is one of the world’s fastest growing water sports. It involves standing on a board similar to a surf board but longer, wider and more buoyant and using a paddle to propel yourself through the water. You don’t need any previous water sports experience to come and give it a go, as long as you can swim. It is suitable for adults of all ages and older children.
Why try stand up paddle in Portugal?
- Stand up paddle is great fun – exhilarating and a bit addictive!
- Portugal’s sunny, mild climate and wealth of coastal and inland locations makes it an ideal spot for stand up paddle boarding all year round.
- It is easier to learn in a short time than many other water sports- you can master the basics in a weekend so perfect for holidays.
- We have friendly, experienced instructors and guides and offer full equipment hire.
- Eco friendly and adventurous it allows you to discover hidden places from paddling in sea caves and inlets to exploring rivers rich with interesting flora and fauna.
- It offers a great workout particularly boosting cardio fitness as you paddle and core strength as you perfect your balance on the board. However it is gentler on the body than sports such as surfing or windsurfing so appeals to a wider audience.
Where to stand up paddle in Portugal?
There is a wealth of excellent locations for flat water or surf stand up paddle in Portugal. These range from beautiful, tranquil lagoons and rivers to surfing the ocean waves or white water for more advanced SUPers. We currently offer stand up paddle lessons and equipment rental across the country including near Lisbon, in the Algarve and near Porto. Trips range from lessons and short trips to guided multi-day stand up paddle holidays.
Algarve Stand Up Paddle Holidays
Our guided stand up paddle holidays have been carefully designed to ensure you have the chance to experience all this region has to offer, from the dramatic coastal routes and the challenges of local rivers to the calm of the dams including a dawn paddle tour of the Algarve’s most famous sea cave! Along the way, you can learn about the history and culture of the area, whilst at the same time improving your stand up paddle boarding skills and general fitness and just relaxing in nature.
Next SUP holidays: Saturday April 16th 2016, Saturday April 30th 2016 and Saturday May 7th 2016 staying in a fantastic cliff top hotel. Please for a brochure with all the details of the SUP holiday.
Please contact us for more information regarding stand up paddle boarding in Portugal