Lisbon Walking Tours
Lisbon walking tours offer you an insight into one of Europe’s most charismatic cities. At walking pace you can truly appreciate all the beauties and quirks of the city and enjoy its famed atmosphere, culture and gastronomy. Our enthusiastic, friendly guides are delighted to share their love and knowledge of Lisbon and to let you into a local’s secrets!
Lisbon Walking Tours we offer:
Best of Lisbon Walking Tour
This tour is the ideal way to see all the major sites of central Lisbon and the districts of Baixa, Chiado and Alfama. Local guides give you a great insight into Lisbon’s lifestyle, history and culture as well useful tips.
- Visit to Rossio Square, the heart of both the old and new Lisbon.
- Learn about the favorite liqueur to drink in Lisbon – Ginjinha;
- Take a look at the Obelisk in the middle of Restauradores Square.
- Marvel at the intricate Neo-Manueline architecture of the Rossio Central Station.
- Learn about the Carnation Revolution of 1974 as you visit the beautiful Carmo Square! The place where Portugal’s old dictatorial regime fell after 48 years.
- Walk through the elegant Chiado neighborhood, with its old cafes, boutiques, theaters and bookstores.
- Enjoy a short trip on one of Lisbon’s vintage trams.
- Wander through the old maze of small squares and narrow alleyways of the Moorish Alfama! The neighborhood, where time seems to have stopped one thousand years ago.
- Learn about Fado, Portugal’s own musical genre! Go past the Fado Museum and some of Alfama’s hidden, intimate Fado restaurants.
- Visit Lisbon’s Cathedral, the city’s oldest church, built in 1147.
- End your tour in Praca do Comercio! Formerly the entrance hall of the city, one of Europe’s largest and most beautiful squares.
Start time – Every Day – 10am
Duration – 3 hours
Price – 20eur pp
Lisbon Food and Wine Walk
Enjoy the traditional flavours of Portugal in Lisbon’s traditional cafes. Our enthusiastic guide will give you lots of insider knowledge on Portuguese wine, petiscos, food and Fado. So bring your appetite and enjoy some good foodie company!
- Find out about Lisbon’s great cafes, such as the 18th-century Cafe Nicola and Portugal’s strong cafe culture.
- Take a look at all the delicious and exotic products on display at Manteigaria Silva. Everything from dried, salted Bacalhau to the sausages, hams and cheeses.
- Learn the history of Port, Portugal’s famous fortified wine. Try it with the delicious Sao Jorge Cheese.
- Try cod cakes and green wine in a typical tavern at the Rossio Square.
- Marvel at the selection of Ports, chocolates and other delicacies at Casa Macario!
- Try the famous Pastel de Nata (custard tart) in Casa Brasileira.
- Hear about the only tea produced in Europe, grown in the Atlantic Island of Sao Miguel, in the Azores.
- Visit one of the most famous restaurants in Lisbon, the Trindade brewery.
- Admire the beautiful views of Lisbon from the Garden of Sao Pedro de Alcantara, in the Bairro Alto.
- Learn about the Bairro Alto quarter, home to some of Lisbon’s most famous restaurants, fado-houses, bars and nightclubs.
- Go down the steps of Calcada do Duque, and admire the breathtaking views of the castle hill as you go past some more great restaurants.
And finally, finish your gourmet tour in style, in the Neo-Moorish Casa do Alentejo. A 17th-century palace, unassuming on the outside, hiding one of the most intriguing interiors in the city. Here, in the upstairs bar, you will sit down for a nibble and your guide will introduce you to some of Portugal’s most famous delicacies, accompanied by a delicious Alentejo wine.
Start time – Every Day – 4:30pm
Duration – 3 hours
Price – 40eur pp
Lisbon Experience Walk
Indulge your appetite while seeing the best of the city on this mouth-watering tour! Brush up on Portuguese history, visit culturally diverse neighborhoods, admire classical architecture, and enjoy a fun ferry ride while feasting on pastries, cheese, seafood, wine and coffee! Meet an informative, local guide at the historic Restauradores Square, where a striking obelisk commemorates the restoration of Portugal’s independence back in 1640, after decades of Spanish rule.
- Walk past the beautiful gothic-style Rossio train station, then visit Rossio (Lisbon’s main square). Soak up some Lisbon sightseeing highlights and history while visiting churches and taverns, then stop to taste Portuguese cheese and authentic, locally made marmalade.
- Continue on to explore the magnetic neighborhood of Mouraria! Pass small churches, mosques and shops..
- Learn about Fado (Portugal’s hauntingly beautiful song). Also, walk past the birthplace of the legendary Maria Severa. She was Fado’s first superstar who used to sing in Lisbon’s taverns. Our stop at a small, hidden bakery, serving traditional pastries and espresso coffee. This will provide a tasty pick-me-up and another insight into the local cuisine.
- Next, we hop on the metro and take a short trip to the Tagus River. There we will board a ferry and journey to the picturesque Cacilhas! This is the location where Portuguese green wine and freshly-caught seafood awaits! Enjoy magnificent views from the South Bank before returning to Lisbon.
Information – All year long – Mon / Tue / Wed / Thu / Fri / Sat – 10:30am
Price: 45eur pp
Included – Coffee & Pastries, Porto wine, Cheese & Marmalade, Beer, Ferry-boat ride, Green wine & Seafood
Sunset Fado and Tapas Walk
This evening tour focuses on the culture of Lisbon. It includes a tram ride, a change to explore the areas of Martim Moniz, Graca and Alfama, try traditional Ginja liquor, and visit an old palace fado house for a live fado show with tapas dinner and wine. Fado is a traditional Portuguese song- mournful and beautiful- well worth seeing live. At the end of this tour, you will enjoy a rousing Fado performance in an old Palace with a delicious dinner of Portuguese tapas and wine.
Start time – March to October – Monday to Saturday – 7pm
November to February – Friday and Saturday – 7pm
Duration – 4 hours
Price – 65eur pp
Lisbon Pub Crawl
Discover Lisbon’s nightlife scene with our Pub Crawl and get to know fellow travelers with us! We take you to 3 bars and VIP entrance in a great club at the end of the night!
This tour includes
- 2 welcome shots
- either an Open Bar (1 hour of unlimited Beer and Sangria)
- or 2 long drinks (Beer, Vodka or Rum) at the first bar.
Start time – 11:00pm
Duration – 5 hours
Price – 20€pp